Welcome to St. Athanasius
SAINT ATHANASIUS THE GREAT BYZANTINE CATHOLIC CHURCH
Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory Forever!
We Welcome You!
We are the Light of the East for Central and Southern Indiana.
Please accept this invitation to worship with us.
Saint Athanasius the Great Byzantine Catholic Church is an Eastern Church descended from the traditions and customs of Constantinople and a Catholic Church in union with the Church of Rome.
Pastor: Very Rev. Protopresbyter Bryan R. Eyman, D. Min D. Phil.
Office Hours: Monday – Wednesday and Friday 9:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M.
Mystery of Holy Repentance (Confession): 6:00 p.m. Saturdays or by appointment
Counseling: by appointment
phone: (317) 632-4157
- Divine Liturgy: every Sunday @ 10:00 AM
- Check the bulletin for our weekly liturgical schedule.
- Confession and Counseling: by appointment
- Social Hour: After the Divine Liturgy and most services, join us in St. Mary’s hall for light refreshments and coffee! Stop into St. Mary’s hall for fellowship. If you have time please come by. All are welcome!
St. Athanasius is recognized as the best kept secret in the Catholic Church within in the crossroads of America. The parish is noted for its various ministries:
- Monthly Healing Ministry – well noted throughout the Midwest and attended by many – 4th Wednesday each month (3rd Wednesday in August)
- Deliverance from Evil Spirits Ministry
- Charismatic worship based on Byzantine teachings
- Knights of Columbus – Byzantine Chapter
- Adult religion classes on various topics such as church history, theology and spiritual & physical wellness
- Food Pantry – to help feed those in need within our Rhodius Park neighborhood
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
To grow and share our small Byzantine Catholic Community in both size and spiritual enrichment. St. Athanasius Byzantine Catholic Church proclaims an old faith, in fact the oldest Christian faith. However, this faith is deeply fulfilling and profoundly appropriate for the modern person. This faith will be shared with the entire community of central and southern Indiana by the fullness of our Church’s liturgical services and its spirituality. This will be accomplished through community outreach offering religious education, classes on theology, spirituality, scripture studies, fundraising, Byzantine counseling with a focus on Scriptural healing of mind, body and soul.
MISSION GOALS: To upgrade/replace our current church and rectory, expand our social hall, offer our ethnic foods.
OUR PARISH PRAYER:
Oh God the benefactor of our souls, Grant that by the prayers of St. Athanasius our parish patron,
We may be blessed with the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
Grant that our community would grow in Wisdom, Understanding, Counsel, Fortitude, Piety, Knowledge and Fear of the Lord. Grant that our community would grow in Charity, Faith, Prudence, Hope, Justice and Temperance.
Oh Confessor and Bishop Athanasius, you said, “God became man so that man could become god.” Pray for us that we would grow in Spirit.
Through the prayers of the Most Holy Theotokos and all the saints, now and forever. Amen.