|Sunday, June 3, 2012||Sunday of All Saints *|
|10 am||Divine Liturgy|
|following liturgy||Fellowship in St. Mary’s Hall – everyone is invited|
|evening||start of the Peter and Paul (Apostles) Fast|
|Monday, June 4, 2012|
|Tuesday, June 5, 2012|
|1 pm||Office of Hours|
|4 – 7 pm||Evangelize/Fund-raising – Stadium Village Market|
|Wed., June 6, 2012|
|10 am||Divine Liturgy †Margaret Sidor|
|Thursday, June 7, 2012|
|9 am – 8:30 pm||Baking in St. Mary’s Hall|
|5 pm||Office of Hours|
|Friday, June 8, 2012|
|6 pm||Divine Liturgy †Teresa Sudik|
|Saturday, June 9, 2012|
|8 am – 11:30 am||Evangelize/Fund-raising – Carmel Market|
|8 am – 1:00 pm||Evangelize/Fund-raising – Binford Market|
|5:30 pm||Vigil Divine Liturgy for parishioners|
|Sunday, June 10, 2012||2nd Sunday after Pentecost *|
|10 am||Divine Liturgy|
|following liturgy||Fellowship in St. Mary’s Hall – everyone is invited
Note: * designates obligation to attend liturgy
- The Apostles Fast begins this evening and concludes on the evening of Thursday, June 28. The Typikon prescribes “strict abstinence on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, with a mitigated abstinence (Wine and Oil) on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The Ruthenian Metropolia has identified this period as a penitential season (Canon 880 § 2). This fast may be observed voluntarily.”
- The Patristics Theology adult education class resumes Tuesday nights 6:30-8:30 starting June 12th.
- The next Ancient Healing Service is 2 weeks away, June 13th. Notify your friends, co-workers, etc.
- ByzanTEEN Mission Trip – The Eparchy of Parma is partnering with YouthWorks to sponsor a mission trip to Logan County, West Virginia for those ages 13-18. The trip will start on Saturday, July 28 at the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist in Parma, OH and return there on Sunday August 5, 2012. Download application materials at www.byzcathculturalcenter.org. Serve our Lord thru serving others.
Father Sid extends his gratitude to those who routinely assist the parish with volunteer help. For instance, those who clean up after church socials, flowers, bakers/wrappers, market sellers, landscaping, food pantry donors, maintenance, workday attendees, etc. Although this list certainly is not complete be sure that your help, regardless of its perceived importance or high/low profile, is greatly appreciated. God grant all our volunteers (parishioners and no-parishioners) peace, health and happiness for many years!
From the Chancery Offices
– The 2011/2012 Stewardship Campaign is drawing to a close. All pledges and final payments are due by June 20, 2012. For further information, please contact Fran Makuh at 216-741-8773, ext. 221.
– The Office of Youth Protection’s Victim Assistance Coordinator, Dr. Sharon DiLauro Petrus can be reached at 216-741-8773, ext 346.
– For information regarding the girls’ Life in Christ or boys’ Alive in Christ weekends, please contact Fr. Dennis Hrubiak at 216-741-8773, ext. 232.