Weekly Bulletin – June 10, 2012
|Sunday, June 10, 2012||2nd Sunday after Pentecost *|
|10 am||Divine Liturgy|
|following liturgy||Fellowship in St. Mary’s Hall – everyone is invited|
|Monday, June 11, 2012|
|Tuesday, June 12, 2012|
|11:45 am||Divine Liturgy † Teresa Sudik|
|4 – 7 pm||Evangelize/Fund-raising – Stadium Village Market|
|Wed., June 13, 2012|
|7 pm||Ancient Healing Service|
|Thursday, June 14, 2012|
|9 am – 8:30 pm||Baking in St. Mary’s Hall|
|5 pm||Office of Hours|
|Friday, June 15, 2012|
|6 pm||Divine Liturgy † Margaret Sidor|
|Saturday, June 16, 2012|
|8 am – 11:30 am||Evangelize/Fund-raising – Carmel Market|
|8 am – 1:00 pm||Evangelize/Fund-raising – Binford Market|
|5:30 pm||Vigil Divine Liturgy for parishioners|
|7:30 pm||Surprise dinner celebration at Iaria’s Italian Restaurant for Fr. Sid for his 8th anniversary of his ordination to the priesthood|
|Sunday, June 17, 2012||3rd Sunday after Pentecost * – Father’s Day|
|10 am||Divine Liturgy|
|following liturgy||Knights of Columbus brunch in St. Mary’s Hall – everyone is invited
Note: * designates obligation to attend liturgy
- The Apostles Fast continues this week and concludes on the evening of Thursday, June 28. The Typikon prescribes “strict abstinence on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, with a mitigated abstinence (Wine and Oil) on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The Ruthenian Metropolia has identified this period as a penitential season (Canon 880 § 2). This fast may be observed voluntarily.”
- The Ancient Healing Service is Wednesday, June 13th. Notify your friends, co-workers, etc. Many are in need of spiritual, emotional or physical healing. Come yourself and encourage others to come ask God to heal whatever ails them. You can sit in proxy for those who can’t come this week.
- The Patristics Theology adult education class resumes Tuesday, June 19th. It was earlier published as June 12th.
- ByzanTEEN Mission Trip – The Eparchy of Parma is partnering with YouthWorks to sponsor a mission trip to Logan County, West Virginia for those ages 13-18. The trip will start on Saturday, July 28 at the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist in Parma, OH and return there on Sunday August 5, 2012. Download application materials at www.byzcathculturalcenter.org. Serve our Lord thru serving others.
Cody Stanton graduated from high school on Friday, June 1. God grant him many blessed years!
From the Chancery Offices
- The 2011/2012 Stewardship Campaign is drawing to a close. All pledges and final payments are due by June 20, 2012. For further information, please contact Fran Makuh at 216-741-8773, ext. 221.
- The Office of Youth Protection’s Victim Assistance Coordinator, Dr. Sharon DiLauro Petrus can be reached at 216-741-8773, ext 346.
- For information regarding the girls’ Life in Christ or boys’ Alive in Christ weekends, please contact Fr. Dennis Hrubiak at 216-741-8773, ext. 232.